Class of 2023... Graduating Titans you will be receiving senior portrait information in the mail from DSP- Dean Stewart Photography. Upon receiving this information, you will call 321-952-9876 or visit www.dsp-photo.com and schedule your senior photo session.
You can begin booking your appointment on-line now at www.dsp-photo.com.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Brown in the activities office 2B-110.
Senior Yearbook Ads
The bells on campus resound, a reminder of the final year your child will walk the halls of University High School. This is it!
Your child is a part of our 2022-2023 graduating class, which means they will have their formal pictures in the yearbook, and you have the opportunity to purchase the timeless keepsake of a senior ad.
The yearbook will be out at the end of the year, and there is no better way to tell your graduate how proud you are of them.
These ads usually contain short messages of congratulations, best wishes, or continued success. The wording of the message is completely up to you, but this must be included and MUST be typed. Include the student’s name, your message, and how you wish it to be signed (i.e. “Love Always, Mom and Dad”). Along with the message, please include pictures. The more space you purchase, the more pictures we can fit. While the choice of photos is up to you, they must be of good quality (300 DPI/High resolution). If they aren’t, they will look grainy and pixelated once printed. Photos taken off of online sites are generally very poor quality and not printable. However, iPhone photos from a 5 or higher can be emailed at their highest quality. Any specific questions about quality can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Orders can be completed in one step online at yearbookforever.com. Otherwise, if you choose to submit a physical Senior Ad Order Form (see below) to the school, photos can be sent to us electronically at TitansUHSpress@gmail.com along with your typed message. In necessary situations, we will also take any original, physical photos, and once we scan them, we will turn them into the front office for pick up.
There is a limited amount of space available in the yearbook for senior ads. Completed orders will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
If you purchase a Senior Ad, please remember to purchase an actual yearbook also for your student.
FINAL DEADLINE OCTOBER 28, 2022
There are no files to display
Senior Graduation Cap & Gowns
Class of 2023 Graduating Seniors...
Graduation orders can be placed by visiting the Jostens website. Students had a presentation from Jostens at the school in October where they were handed envelopes to be brought home containing all the necessary information needed.
*If your student is in need of a packet, extra packets are available in room 2B-110/activities office*
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Brown at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259 or at email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE A NEW GOWN HAS BEEN SELECTED. We will have new gowns this year, students will not be allowed to wear a sibling's gown as the colors will not match.
All graduating seniors participating in graduation must adhere to University High School's Graduation dress code:
- Graduation Cap & Gown, UHS Medallion & Tassel purchased through Jostens
- Men Dress Code: White collared shirt, dark tie, black socks, black dress slacks & black dress shoes
- Women Dress Code: Black dress (dress should go to mid-thigh & not hang below hemline of graduation gown), black dress or dress sandals (shoes should not be more than 2-inch heel) & small earrings (2-inches or smaller is acceptable).
- Graduation caps are NOT to be decorated.
Graduates who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk at graduation.
If you have any questions or are in need of assistance with graduation dress code, please contact Mrs. Brown at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259 or stop in and see her in room 2B-110.
2023 SENIOR GRAD BASH -Friday April , 28, 2023
UHS PROM 2022: Saturday May 6, 2023
BACCALAUREATE: May 10, 2023
Baccalaureate will be held on 5/10/22 at 6:00pm at The Journey Church located on Graves Ave.
Baccalaureate is sponsored by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Graduates should wear their cap and gown for this service.
SENIOR AWARDS: Wednesday May 17, 2023
Senior Awards is an invite only event. Graduates and their families should arrive by 5:30pm on 5/17/23, awards start promptly at 6:00PM. Graduates will line up and enter the auditorium together as the Class of 2023. For some this may be the first time you wear your cap and gown in public. Please make sure you take your gown out of the package and hang it so that the wrinkles will come out prior to the service.
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal: Friday June 2, 2023
Seniors will meet at the TBD for rehearsal and should enter at the Exhibit Hall, which is located on the west side of the TBD. Seniors must provide their own transportation to rehearsal. Graduates must attend this rehearsal in order to participate in the graduation ceremony: TBD. Graduates should report to rehearsal by TBD. For rehearsal only, parking in the South Parking Lot (west of the Peabody Auditorium) is FREE. If you park in the parking garage, you must pay the metered price. Do not bring or wear your cap and gown to graduation practice! School appropriate dress is required. We will follow all current COVID and CDC guidelines and procedures.
Class of 2023 Graduation: Sunday June 4, 2023
TBD Location and report as quickly as possible to the Exhibit Hall on the west side of the Ocean Center. Once you enter the Exhibit Hall you MUST remain in the Exhibit Hall. Family and friends ARE NOT allowed in the Exhibit Hall. Parents and guests may enter the Ocean Center at one hour before graduation start time.
Disrespectful or disruptive behavior that interferes with or detracts from the dignity of the occasion, including but not limited to, the use of noisemakers, air horns and other disruptive devices or behaviors, shall be grounds for removal from graduation ceremonies.
Graduation Dress Code: Students must follow this dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
Graduation Dress: GRAY CAP & GOWN ATTIRE
- White collared dress shirt, dark tie or school colored tie (ORANGE or SILVER/ DARK GREY), black socks, black dress slacks, and black dress shoes.
- Black dress. Dress should go to the mid-thigh and not hang below hemline of graduation gown. Black shoes/dress sandals (not flip-flops) - no more than 2-inch heel. No large earrings (2 inches or smaller is acceptable).
Graduation Dress: Excellence in Orange Graduation Cap & Gown Attire
- May wear a white dress with white or neutral colored/beige shoes.
All Graduates be advised of the following:
- Students must follow the dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
- Cap must be worn two (2) finger widths above space between eyebrows.
- Honor Cords for Mu Alpha Theta, Quill and Scroll, Rho Kappa, National Honors Society, Tri-M, English Honors Society, and Honors designation will be worn around the collar. No other cords will be permitted.
- Daytona Beach News Journal Medallion of Excellence medals are permitted.
- Valedictorian, Salutatorian, SGA President, and Senior Class President will wear a stole with title around collar. No other stole or designation will be permitted.
- FFA, JROTC, Culinary, Senior Class Officers, Key Club, and athletes (varsity pin, service bar(s), scholar athlete) have approved graduation pins that can be worn on the graduation ribbon with school crest.
- Tassel on right side before graduation, left when indicated in the ceremony.
- Line must be ready to move 15 minutes prior to time exercise begins.
- No gum chewing.
- No slogans or any other writing on caps or gowns.
- No personal items are allowed in the ballroom.
- Parents are NOT allowed in the graduation ballroom.
- Graduates will exit through the front entrance of the Ocean Center. This is off A1A, across from the Hilton Hotel.
- Families and guests must meet the graduates outside the front of the Ocean Center. Make a designated meeting area before graduation begins.
- You cannot leave anything in the large hall during graduation. This includes keys, purses, cameras, phones, etc.
- You cannot carry anything, except your name card, while walking into the main hall. Cell phones must be secured on your person. They are not to be carried in your hand into the graduation ceremony.
- If you have a cell phone on your person, do not take it out during the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be distributed: TBA.
- Seats cannot be saved for family members. Seating location is on a first come first serve basis.
- No air horns, balloons, banners, or large signs will be permitted in the Ocean Center.
- BEST OF LUCK TO THE CLASS OF 2023
Graduation caps are NOT allowed to be decorated.
If students have an issue complying with the dress code, please see Mr. Boles or Mrs. Brown in the Student Activities Office prior to graduation.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO ENTER WITH JEANS, SNEAKERS OR FLIP-FLOPS.
NO JEANS! NO SNEAKERS! NO FLIP-FLOPS!
CLEAR BAG POLICY for guests attending the graduation ceremonies:
- Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse:
- One clear bag no larger than 12”x6”x12” or a one-gallon clear Ziploc, or similar, bag
- One small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5”x6.5”, with or without a strap
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely (preferably over the shoulder to be screened more quickly) or in an approved clear bag.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones may be carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
Ticket information: Graduation Tickets go on sale: TBA
If you have any special situations with regards to purchasing grad tickets on a specific date/time please call the school at 386-968-0013 and ask to speak with Mrs. Brown. There are no extra tickets at this time.
THE FINAL DAY TO PURCHASE GRADUATION TICKETS WILL BE: TBA.
Graduation Ticket information:
- Graduates have free admittance.
- Each person that wishes to attend graduation must purchase an admission ticket for the Class of 2023 Graduation.
- Only babies and small children that can sit on a lap are exempt from needing a ticket.
- Each graduate will have tickets reserved for purchase; reserved tickets MUST be purchased by:TBA
- All outstanding obligations must be paid in full before a graduate can purchase their graduation tickets. To inquire on what obligations you may owe stop by room 2B-110 during lunch time.
- Graduation tickets go on sale TBA .
On the day of graduation, each car needs to have a parking pass to park in any of the TBD parking lots or parking garage. Parking passes go on sale TBA Parking passes are: Cost $5.00 per car. Parking passes will also be available on the day of graduation in the various lots. Parking passes are good for any lot that the police are directing you to. If you park in an area not covered by the Daytona Beach Police Department, you must pay. For example, if you choose to park next to a parking meter or other paid lot, you will pay their rate.