Class of 2021... Graduating Titans you will be receiving senior portrait information in the mail at the beginning of July, 2020 from DSP- Dean Stewart Photography. Upon receiving this information you will call 321-952-9876 or visit www.dsp-photo.com and schedule your senior photo session.
Herff Jones of Orlando is our graduation headquarters!!!
Visit herfforlando.com for all graduation packages, cap and gowns, and class ring order information.
Visit their website or call 407-647-4373 to place your order. See Ms. Lisa in the UHS Activities office 2B-110 for catalogs!
GRADUATION DAY: Class of 2021 JUNE 6, 2021
GRAD Images will be present at graduation to capture your graduates special day. Your graduate will complete an information card for GRAD Images at the graduation rehearsal. A few days following graduation, proofs will be emailed to the email address submitted on that information card. You may purchase proofs by responding to that email from GRAD Images.
If you have any questions please see Lisa Hastedt in the activities office 2B-110.
Senior Yearbook Ads
The bells on campus resound, a reminder of the final year your child will walk the halls of University High School. This is it!
Your child is a part of our 2020-2021 graduating class, which means they will have their formal pictures in the yearbook, and you have the opportunity to purchase the timeless keepsake of a senior ad.
The yearbook will be out at the end of the year, and there is no better way to tell your graduate how proud you are of them.
These ads usually contain short messages of congratulations, best wishes, or continued success. The wording of the message is completely up to you, but this must be included and MUST be typed. Include the student’s name, your message, and how you wish it to be signed (i.e. “Love Always, Mom and Dad”). Along with the message, please include pictures. The more space you purchase, the more pictures we can fit. While the choice of photos is up to you, they must be of good quality (300 DPI/High resolution). If they aren’t, they will look grainy and pixelated once printed. Photos taken off of online sites are generally very poor quality and not printable. However, iPhone photos from a 5 or higher can be emailed at their highest quality. Any specific questions about quality can be sent via email to [email protected]
Orders can be completed in one step online at yearbookforever.com. Otherwise, if you choose to submit a physical Senior Ad Order Form (see below)to the school, photos can be sent to us electronically at [email protected] along with your typed message. In necessary situations, we will also take any original, physical photos, and once we scan them, we will turn them into the front office for pick up.
There is a limited amount of space available in the yearbook for senior ads. Completed orders will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
FINAL DEADLINE HAS PASSED
Senior Graduation Cap & Gowns APRIL 29th 4:30-7:30 UHS Bus Loop
Class of 2021 Graduating Seniors... Herff Jones representatives will be on campus, Dates to be announced, to share information with all the seniors of the graduation packages. Packets will be sent home with students. Students that are unable to attend can pick up the graduation packet order forms at the front desk, guidance office and room 2B-110.
Dates & times for graduating seniors to purchase senior graduation packages:HAS PASSSED
Graduation orders can also be placed by visiting the Herff Jones website: http://www.herfforlando.com/ or calling 407-647-4373.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact, Lisa Hastedt at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259 or at [email protected]
Cap & Gown packages will be distributed from room 1B-100M during lunch on April 16 & 17, 2020 from room 1B-100M. If you are not available to pick up on the designated days and your balance is paid in full you can stop by room 2B-110 after the designated dates to pick up your cap & gown package.
Seniors still interested in ordering a class ring can do so through Herff Jones. Visit their website, give them a call or place your order when you order your cap & gown.
PLEASE NOTE A NEW GOWN PROCEDURE HAS BEEN SELECTED.
All graduating seniors participating in graduation must adhere to University High School's Graduation dress code:
- Graduation Cap & Gown, UHS Medallion & Tassel purchased through Herff Jones
- Men Dress Code: White collared shirt, dark tie, black socks, black dress slacks & black dress shoes
- Women Dress Code: Black dress(dress should go to mid thigh & not hang below hemline of graduation gown), black dress or dress sandals ( shoes should not be more have more than a 2-inch heel) & small earrings (2-inches or smaller is acceptable).
- Graduation caps are NOT to be decorated.
Graduates who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk at graduation.
If you have any questions or are in need of assistance with graduation dress code please contact Lisa Hastedt at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259 or stop in and see her in room 2B-110.For your convenience:Herff Jones112 N. Wymore rd.Winter Park, Fl407-647-4373
Senior Reception: 2021
2021 UHS SENIOR RECEPTION
When: Saturday May 8th Check in begins at 6:45pm. entry will not be allowed past 7:45 pm.
You must be in line to enter by 7:30pm. Senior Reception will end at 9:00pm
Where: Daytona International Speedway Turn One Drive, Daytona Beach FL 32114
Directions: I-4 East to Exit 129, onto US-92 East on International Speedway Boulevard. (Route 92) Turn right onto Turn One Drive into Daytona International Speedway parking lot. This turn is just past the Cracker Barrel restaurant. When you turn into the parking lot, you will see the large Advent Health advertisement.
Parking: Parking is included in your ticket price. You will be parking in the area outside the Advent Health Concourse off ISB/Rt 92 at Turn One Drive. Please note this is a Saturday evening event, and this area can become congested. Consider this when you plan your travel time. The reception will be held in the Advent Health concourse area. As you enter from the parking area, you will enter the security where you will go through a Covid checkpoint and proceed up the stairs/escalator where you will be usered to your table. The parking lot will be very full so allow yourself time to park.
Tickets: $20.00 Includes: In addition to a night of memories with your Senior class, you will have photo opportunities, ride to the start/finish line, DJ and swag bag. Tickets will be on sale Monday April 19th -Wednesday May 5th. We will not issue refunds regardliess of reason. This reception is limited to 400 students.
Guest: This is a University High School Senior Event Only. No guests will be allowed.
Dress Code: Formal or Semi-Formal attire is required. No jeans or sneakers. Also, adequate coverage for ladies is a must. If you have any attire related questions, please see Ms. McCann (1C-207) or Ms. Hastedt (2B-110).
Pictures: Photography will be provided. 1 photo booth will be available and will be included in your ticket purchase.
Menu: Light refreshements will be served
Reentry: Once a student leaves the reception area, this means they are going down the steps/escalator towards the parking area, they may not reenter. If you chose to go out of the reception area at any point, we assume you have left for the evening and you will not be permitted to reenter. Make sure you bring everything you need as you are not permitted to go out to your car.
Discipline: The VCS Code of Conduct applies to all school functions. including this event. Administration reserves the right to revoke attendance due to disciplinary concerns. Any student that has a level 2 or higher referral needs to get administrative approval to attend this event.
*In lieu of a Prom King and Queen, we will have a Mr. and Miss Senior to be announced on May 19th at Senior Countdown. Applications will be available at the begining of May, listen for announcements.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ON TICKETS.
2021 SENIOR GRAD BASH -Not happening this year
Baccalaureate:Tuesday May 4th 6:00
Baccalaureate will be held on May 4, 2021 at 6:00pm at the The Journey Church located on Graves Ave.
Baccalaureate is sponsored by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Graduates should wear their cap and gown for this service.
Senior Awards: Saturday May 15th 12-4pm
Graduates and their families should arrive...date & time to be announced. Graduates will line up and enter the gymnasium together as the Class of 2021. For some this may be the first time you wear your cap and gown in public. Please make sure you take your gown out of the package and hang it so that the wrinkles will come out prior to the service.
Honor Cords for Rho Kappa, Mu Alpha Theta, Quill and Scroll, and National Honors Society designation will be given out at this ceremony. These cords should be worn around the collar. No other cords will be permitted.
Senior Class President will be given a stole. Valedictorian, Salutatorian, and Academic Honors designation with a final cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher have not been determined yet. These stoles will be given out prior to graduation. These stoles should be worn around the collar. No other stole or designation will be permitted.
Senior Sunset May 19th 7:00 LAST DAY FOR SENIORS MAY 25th
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal: June 4th, 2021 10:00 a.m.
Seniors will meet at the Ocean Center for rehearsal and should enter at the Exhibit Hall, which is located on the west side of the Ocean Center. Seniors must provide their own transportation to rehearsal. Graduates must attend this rehearsal in order to participate in the graduation ceremony:Friday June 4th at 10:00 a.m. Graduates should report to rehearsal by 9:30 a.m. For rehearsal only, parking in the South Parking Lot (west of the Peabody Auditorium) is FREE. If you park in the parking garage, you must pay the metered price. Do not bring or wear your cap and gown to graduation practice! School appropriate dress is required. We will follow all current COVID and CDC guidelines and procedures.
Class of 2021 Graduation: JUNE 6TH 3:30 p.m.
Seniors must arrive by 2:30 p.m June 6th and report as quickly as possible to the Exhibit Hall on the west side of the Ocean Center. Once you enter the Exhibit Hall you MUST remain in the Exhibit Hall. Family and friends ARE NOT allowed in the Exhibit Hall. Parents and guests may enter the Ocean Center at one hour before graduation start time.
Disrespectful or disruptive behavior that interferes with or detracts from the dignity of the occasion, including but not limited to, the use of noisemakers, air horns and other disruptive devices or behaviors, shall be grounds for removal from graduation ceremonies.
Graduation Dress Code: Students must follow this dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
Graduation Dress: GRAY CAP & GOWN ATTIRE
- White collared dress shirt, dark tie or school colored tie (ORANGE or SILVER/ DARK GREY), black socks, black dress slacks, and black dress shoes.
- Black dress. Dress should go to the mid thigh and not hang below hemline of graduation gown. Black shoes/dress sandals (not flip-flops) - no more than 2-inch heel. No large earrings (2 inches or smaller is acceptable).
Graduation Dress: Excellence in Orange Graduation Cap & Gown Attire
- May wear a white dress with white or neutral colored/beige shoes.
All Graduates be advised of the following:
- Students must follow the dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
- Cap must be worn two (2) finger widths above space between eyebrows.
- Honor Cords for Mu Alpha Theta, Quill and Scroll, Rho Kappa, National Honors Society, Tri-M, English Honors Society, and Honors designation will be worn around the collar. No other cords will be permitted.
- Daytona Beach News Journal Medallion of Excellence medals are permitted.
- Valedictorian, Salutatorian, SGA President, and Senior Class President will wear a stole with title around collar. No other stole or designation will be permitted.
- FFA, JROTC, Culinary, Senior Class Officers, Key Club, and athletes (varsity pin, service bar(s), scholar athlete) have approved graduation pins that can be worn on the graduation ribbon with school crest.
- Tassel on right side before graduation, left when indicated in the ceremony.
- Line must be ready to move 15 minutes prior to time exercise begins.
- No gum chewing.
- No slogans or any other writing on caps or gowns.
- No personal items are allowed in the ballroom.
- Parents are NOT allowed in the graduation ballroom.
- Graduates will exit through the front entrance of the Ocean Center. This is off A1A, across from the Hilton Hotel.
- Families and guests must meet the graduates outside the front of the Ocean Center. Make a designated meeting area before graduation begins.
- You cannot leave anything in the large hall during graduation. This includes keys, purses, cameras, phones, etc.
- You cannot carry anything, except your name card, while walking into the main hall. Cell phones must be secured on your person. They are not to be carried in your hand into the graduation ceremony.
- If you have a cell phone on your person, do not take it out during the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be distributed: TBA.
- Seats cannot be saved for family members. Seating location is on a first come first serve basis.
- No air horns, balloons, banners, or large signs will be permitted in the Ocean Center.
- BEST OF LUCK TO THE CLASS OF 2021
Graduation caps are NOT allowed to be decorated.
If students have an issue complying with the dress code, please see Mr. Boles or Mrs. Pearsall in the Student Activities Office prior to graduation.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO ENTER WITH JEANS, SNEAKERS OR FLIP-FLOPS.
CLEAR BAG POLICY for guests attending the graduation ceremonies:
- Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse:
- One clear bag no larger than 12”x6”x12” or a one-gallon clear Ziploc, or similar, bag
- One small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5”x6.5”, with or without a strap
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely (preferably over the shoulder to be screened more quickly) or in an approved clear bag.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones may be carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
Ticket information: Graduation Tickets go on sale: TBA.
If you have any special situations with regards to purchasing grad tickets on a specific date/time please call the school at 386-968-0013 and ask to speak with Ms. Hastedt. There are no extra tickets at this time.
THE FINAL DAY TO PURCHASE GRADUATION TICKETS WILL BE: TBA.
Graduation Ticket information:
- Graduates have free admittance.
- Each person that wishes to attend graduation must purchase an admission ticket for the Class of 2021 Graduation.
- Only babies and small children that can sit on a lap are exempt from needing a ticket.
- Each graduate will have TBA # of tickets reserved for purchase, reserved tickets MUST be purchased by: TBA.
- All outstanding obligations must be paid in full before a graduate can purchase their graduation tickets. To inquire on what obligations you may owe stop into 2B-110 during lunch time.
- Graduation tickets go on sale TBA .
On the day of graduation, each car needs to have a parking pass to park in any of the Ocean Center parking lots or parking garage. Parking passes go on sale TBA Parking passes are: Cost TBA per car. Parking passes will also be available on the day of graduation in the various lots. Parking passes are good for any lot that the police are directing you to. If you park in an area not covered by the Daytona Beach Police Department, you must pay. For example, if you choose to park next to a parking meter or other paid lot, you will pay their rate.