Class of 2022... Graduating Titans you will be receiving senior portrait information in the mail from DSP- Dean Stewart Photography. Upon receiving this information you will call 321-952-9876 or visit www.dsp-photo.com and schedule your senior photo session.
Dean Stuart Photography will be on campus October 29th. 2021 8:00-3:30 in the auditorium taking Senior photos.
You can begin booking your appotintment on-line in early October at www.dsp-photo.com.
Herff Jones of Orlando is our graduation headquarters!!!
Herff Jones will be on campus Saturday September 25th in our Lecture Hall from 10-12pm for your cap and gown orders!
Visit herfforlando.com for all graduation packages, cap and gowns, and class ring order information.
Visit their website or call 407-647-4373 to place your order. See Ms. Lisa in the UHS Activities office 2B-110 for catalogs!
GRADUATION DAY: Class of 2022 -MAY 27, 2022
GRAD Images will be present at graduation to capture your graduates special day. Your graduate will complete an information card for GRAD Images at the graduation rehearsal. A few days following graduation, proofs will be emailed to the email address submitted on that information card. You may purchase proofs by responding to that email from GRAD Images.
If you have any questions please see Lisa Hastedt in the activities office 2B-110.
Senior Yearbook Ads
The bells on campus resound, a reminder of the final year your child will walk the halls of University High School. This is it!
Your child is a part of our 2021-2022 graduating class, which means they will have their formal pictures in the yearbook, and you have the opportunity to purchase the timeless keepsake of a senior ad.
The yearbook will be out at the end of the year, and there is no better way to tell your graduate how proud you are of them.
These ads usually contain short messages of congratulations, best wishes, or continued success. The wording of the message is completely up to you, but this must be included and MUST be typed. Include the student’s name, your message, and how you wish it to be signed (i.e. “Love Always, Mom and Dad”). Along with the message, please include pictures. The more space you purchase, the more pictures we can fit. While the choice of photos is up to you, they must be of good quality (300 DPI/High resolution). If they aren’t, they will look grainy and pixelated once printed. Photos taken off of online sites are generally very poor quality and not printable. However, iPhone photos from a 5 or higher can be emailed at their highest quality. Any specific questions about quality can be sent via email to [email protected]
Orders can be completed in one step online at yearbookforever.com. Otherwise, if you choose to submit a physical Senior Ad Order Form (see below)to the school, photos can be sent to us electronically at [email protected] along with your typed message. In necessary situations, we will also take any original, physical photos, and once we scan them, we will turn them into the front office for pick up.
There is a limited amount of space available in the yearbook for senior ads. Completed orders will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
If you purchase a Senior Ad please remember to purchase an actual yearbook also for your student.
FINAL DEADLINE OCTOBER 30, 2022
Senior Graduation Cap & Gowns
Class of 2022 Graduating Seniors... Herff Jones representatives will be on campus, Dates to be announced, to share information with all the seniors of the graduation packages. Packets will be sent home with students. Students that are unable to attend can pick up the graduation packet order forms at the front desk, guidance office and room 2B-110.
Dates & times for graduating seniors to purchase senior graduation packages:Saturday September 25, 2021 10-12p.m. in our Lecture Hall
Graduation orders can also be placed by visiting the Herff Jones website: http://www.herfforlando.com/ or calling 407-647-4373.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact, Lisa Hastedt at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259 or at [email protected]
Seniors still interested in ordering a class ring can do so through Herff Jones. Visit their website, give them a call or place your order when you order your cap & gown.
PLEASE NOTE A NEW GOWN PROCEDURE HAS BEEN SELECTED.
All graduating seniors participating in graduation must adhere to University High School's Graduation dress code:
- Graduation Cap & Gown, UHS Medallion & Tassel purchased through Herff Jones
- Men Dress Code: White collared shirt, dark tie, black socks, black dress slacks & black dress shoes
- Women Dress Code: Black dress(dress should go to mid thigh & not hang below hemline of graduation gown), black dress or dress sandals ( shoes should not be more have more than a 2-inch heel) & small earrings (2-inches or smaller is acceptable).
- Graduation caps are NOT to be decorated.
Graduates who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk at graduation.
If you have any questions or are in need of assistance with graduation dress code please contact Lisa Hastedt at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259 or stop in and see her in room 2B-110.For your convenience:Herff Jones112 N. Wymore rd.Winter Park, Fl407-647-4373
2022 SENIOR GRAD BASH -Saturday April 30, 2022
UHS PROM 2022: Saturday May 7th, 2022
BACCALAUREATE:Wednesday May 11th, 2022 6:00
Baccalaureate will be held on May 11, 2022 at 6:00pm at the The Journey Church located on Graves Ave.
Baccalaureate is sponsored by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Graduates should wear their cap and gown for this service.
SENIOR AWARDS: Wednesday May 18th, 2022
Graduates and their families should arrive...May 18th at 6:00. Graduates will line up and enter the auditorium together as the Class of 2022. For some this may be the first time you wear your cap and gown in public. Please make sure you take your gown out of the package and hang it so that the wrinkles will come out prior to the service.
Honor Cords for Rho Kappa, Mu Alpha Theta, Quill and Scroll, and National Honors Society designation will be given out at this ceremony. These cords should be worn around the collar. No other cords will be permitted.
Senior Class President will be given a stole. Valedictorian, Salutatorian, and Academic Honors designation with a final cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher have not been determined yet. These stoles will be given out prior to graduation. These stoles should be worn around the collar. No other stole or designation will be permitted.
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal: May 25, 2022 11:00
Seniors will meet at the Ocean Center for rehearsal and should enter at the Exhibit Hall, which is located on the west side of the Ocean Center. Seniors must provide their own transportation to rehearsal. Graduates must attend this rehearsal in order to participate in the graduation ceremony: May 25, 11:00 a.m. Graduates should report to rehearsal by 10:00 a.m. For rehearsal only, parking in the South Parking Lot (west of the Peabody Auditorium) is FREE. If you park in the parking garage, you must pay the metered price. Do not bring or wear your cap and gown to graduation practice! School appropriate dress is required. We will follow all current COVID and CDC guidelines and procedures.
Class of 2022 Graduation: May 27, 2022 12:30
Seniors must arrive by 11:30 p.m and report as quickly as possible to the Exhibit Hall on the west side of the Ocean Center. Once you enter the Exhibit Hall you MUST remain in the Exhibit Hall. Family and friends ARE NOT allowed in the Exhibit Hall. Parents and guests may enter the Ocean Center at one hour before graduation start time.
Disrespectful or disruptive behavior that interferes with or detracts from the dignity of the occasion, including but not limited to, the use of noisemakers, air horns and other disruptive devices or behaviors, shall be grounds for removal from graduation ceremonies.
Graduation Dress Code: Students must follow this dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
Graduation Dress: GRAY CAP & GOWN ATTIRE
- White collared dress shirt, dark tie or school colored tie (ORANGE or SILVER/ DARK GREY), black socks, black dress slacks, and black dress shoes.
- Black dress. Dress should go to the mid thigh and not hang below hemline of graduation gown. Black shoes/dress sandals (not flip-flops) - no more than 2-inch heel. No large earrings (2 inches or smaller is acceptable).
Graduation Dress: Excellence in Orange Graduation Cap & Gown Attire
- May wear a white dress with white or neutral colored/beige shoes.
All Graduates be advised of the following:
- Students must follow the dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
- Cap must be worn two (2) finger widths above space between eyebrows.
- Honor Cords for Mu Alpha Theta, Quill and Scroll, Rho Kappa, National Honors Society, Tri-M, English Honors Society, and Honors designation will be worn around the collar. No other cords will be permitted.
- Daytona Beach News Journal Medallion of Excellence medals are permitted.
- Valedictorian, Salutatorian, SGA President, and Senior Class President will wear a stole with title around collar. No other stole or designation will be permitted.
- FFA, JROTC, Culinary, Senior Class Officers, Key Club, and athletes (varsity pin, service bar(s), scholar athlete) have approved graduation pins that can be worn on the graduation ribbon with school crest.
- Tassel on right side before graduation, left when indicated in the ceremony.
- Line must be ready to move 15 minutes prior to time exercise begins.
- No gum chewing.
- No slogans or any other writing on caps or gowns.
- No personal items are allowed in the ballroom.
- Parents are NOT allowed in the graduation ballroom.
- Graduates will exit through the front entrance of the Ocean Center. This is off A1A, across from the Hilton Hotel.
- Families and guests must meet the graduates outside the front of the Ocean Center. Make a designated meeting area before graduation begins.
- You cannot leave anything in the large hall during graduation. This includes keys, purses, cameras, phones, etc.
- You cannot carry anything, except your name card, while walking into the main hall. Cell phones must be secured on your person. They are not to be carried in your hand into the graduation ceremony.
- If you have a cell phone on your person, do not take it out during the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be distributed: TBA.
- Seats cannot be saved for family members. Seating location is on a first come first serve basis.
- No air horns, balloons, banners, or large signs will be permitted in the Ocean Center.
- BEST OF LUCK TO THE CLASS OF 2021
Graduation caps are NOT allowed to be decorated.
If students have an issue complying with the dress code, please see Mr. Boles or Mrs. Pearsall in the Student Activities Office prior to graduation.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO ENTER WITH JEANS, SNEAKERS OR FLIP-FLOPS.
CLEAR BAG POLICY for guests attending the graduation ceremonies:
- Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse:
- One clear bag no larger than 12”x6”x12” or a one-gallon clear Ziploc, or similar, bag
- One small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5”x6.5”, with or without a strap
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely (preferably over the shoulder to be screened more quickly) or in an approved clear bag.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones may be carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
Ticket information: Graduation Tickets go on sale: TBA
If you have any special situations with regards to purchasing grad tickets on a specific date/time please call the school at 386-968-0013 and ask to speak with Ms. Hastedt. There are no extra tickets at this time.
THE FINAL DAY TO PURCHASE GRADUATION TICKETS WILL BE: TBA.
Graduation Ticket information:
- Graduates have free admittance.
- Each person that wishes to attend graduation must purchase an admission ticket for the Class of 2022 Graduation.
- Only babies and small children that can sit on a lap are exempt from needing a ticket.
- Each graduate will have 8 tickets reserved for purchase, reserved tickets MUST be purchased by:TBA
- All outstanding obligations must be paid in full before a graduate can purchase their graduation tickets. To inquire on what obligations you may owe stop into 2B-110 during lunch time.
- Graduation tickets go on sale TBA .
On the day of graduation, each car needs to have a parking pass to park in any of the Ocean Center parking lots or parking garage. Parking passes go on sale TBA Parking passes are: Cost $5.00 per car. Parking passes will also be available on the day of graduation in the various lots. Parking passes are good for any lot that the police are directing you to. If you park in an area not covered by the Daytona Beach Police Department, you must pay. For example, if you choose to park next to a parking meter or other paid lot, you will pay their rate.