October 2021 PSAT Information
2021 PSAT Information
9th, 10th, and Interested 11th Graders
Save the Date: October 13th 2021
- All 9th grade students are being offered the ability to test on the PSAT 8/9 free of charge.
- All 10th grade students are being offered the ability to test on the PSAT free of charge.
- Any 11th grade students who wish to take the PSAT for National Merit Scholarship, etc. for a small fee of $18.00 should contact Danielle McMann at [email protected] Students may sign up through the green "make a payment" button on the front page of the uhstitans.com website. Any 11th grader interested in taking this exam must sign up online with payment NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 10th.
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). It's a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT®. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools.
The PSAT/NMSQT measures:
- Critical reading skills
- Math problem-solving skills
- Writing skills
You have developed these skills over many years, both in and out of school. This test doesn't require you to recall specific facts from your classes.
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT are to:
- Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or practice.
- See how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college.
- Enter the competition for scholarships from NMSC (grade 11).
- Help prepare for the SAT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact directions you will see on the SAT.
- Receive information from colleges when you check "yes" to Student Search Service.