Class of 2020... Graduating Titans you should have received senior portrait information in the mail in the mail at the beginning of July, 2019 from DSP- Dean Stewart Photography. Upon receiving this information you will call 321-952-9876 or visit www.dsp-photo.com and schedule your senior photo session.
Call and schedule your senior photo session today!
Appointments can be scheduled by calling DSP at 321-952-9876 or on-line by going to www.dsp-photo.com
Seniors MUST take their senior yearbook photo before October 26, 2019 to be int eh 2020 yearbook. We will only be using the formals taken by DSP for our UHS Yearbook.
GRAD Images will be present at graduation to capture your graduates special day. Your graduate will complete an information card for GRAD Images at the graduation rehearsal. A few days following graduation, proofs will be emailed to the email address submitted on that information card. You may purchase proofs by responding to that email from GRAD Images.
SENIOR PANORAMIC, Club Photos & Academy photos are scheduled for November 15, 2019. If you have any questions please see Sophia Torres-Pearsall in the activities office 2B-110.
Senior Yearbook Ads
The bells on campus resound, a reminder of the final year your child will walk the halls of University High School. This is it!
Your child is a part of our 2019-2020 graduating class, which means they will have their formal pictures in the yearbook, and you have the opportunity to purchase the timeless keepsake of a senior ad.
The yearbook will be out at the end of the year, and there is no better way to tell your graduate how proud you are of them.
These ads usually contain short messages of congratulations, best wishes, or continued success. The wording of the message is completely up to you, but this must be included and MUST be typed. Include the student’s name, your message, and how you wish it to be signed (i.e. “Love Always, Mom and Dad”). Along with the message, please include pictures. The more space you purchase, the more pictures we can fit. While the choice of photos is up to you, they must be of good quality (300 DPI/High resolution). If they aren’t, they will look grainy and pixelated once printed. Photos taken off of online sites are generally very poor quality and not printable. However, iPhone photos from a 5 or higher can be emailed at their highest quality. Any specific questions about quality can be sent via email to [email protected]
Orders can be completed in one step online at yearbookforever.com. Otherwise, if you choose to submit a physical Senior Ad Order Form (see below)to the school, photos can be sent to us electronically at [email protected] along with your typed message. In necessary situations, we will also take any original, physical photos, and once we scan them, we will turn them into the front office for pick up.
There is a limited amount of space available in the yearbook for senior ads. Completed orders will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
FINAL DEADLINE TO PLACE A SENIOR AD HAS PASSED AS OF OCTOBER 31, 2019.
Senior Graduation Cap & Gowns
Graduating Seniors... Herff Jones representatives will be on campus Wednesday, Sept. 11th to share information with all the seniors of the graduation packages. Packets will be sent home with students. Students that are unable to attend can pick up the graduation packet order forms at the front desk, guidance office and room 2b-110.
Dates & times for graduating seniors to purchase senior graduation packages: HAVE PAST
Graduation orders can also be placed by visiting the Herff Jones website: http://www.herfforlando.com/ or calling 407-647-4373.
The deadline for all graduation orders will be December 31, 2019. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me, Sophia Pearsall at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259.
The DEADLINE for all graduation orders will be December 31, 2019. Orders placed after December 31, 2019 will incur a late fee charge of $20. If you have any questions or concerns please contact, Sophia Torres- Pearsall at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259 or at [email protected] .
Cap & Gown packages will be distributed from room 1B-100M during lunch in April, exact dates TBA. If you are not available to pick up on the designated days and your balance is paid in full you can stop by room 2B-110 after the designated dates to pick up your cap & gown package.
Seniors still interested in ordering a class ring can do so through Herff Jones. Visit their website, give them a call or place your order when you order your cap & gown.
PLEASE NOTE A NEW GOWN HAS BEEN SELECTED.
All graduating seniors participating in graduation must adhere to University High School's Graduation dress code:
- Graduation Cap & Gown, UHS Medallion & Tassel purchased through Herff Jones
- Men Dress Code: White collared shirt, dark tie, black socks, black dress slacks & black dress shoes
- Women Dress Code: Black dress(dress should go to mid thigh & not hang below hemline of graduation gown), black dress or dress sandals ( shoes should not be more have more than a 2-inch heel) & small earrings (2-inches or smaller is acceptable).
- Graduation caps are NOT to be decorated.
Graduates who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk at graduation.
If you have any questions or are in need of assistance with graduation dress code please contact Sophia Torres-Pearsall at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259 or stop in and see her in room 2B-110.For your convenience:Herff Jones112 N. Wymore rd.Winter Park, Fl407-647-4373
Prom: Saturday, May 2nd, 2020, 7-11pm
2020 UHS Prom: May 2, 2020 7-11pm The Plaza Resort Hotal & Spa, Daytona Beach
When: Saturday, May 2nd, 2020. Check-in begins at 7:00 pm, we will not allow entry to prom past 8:00pm. You must be in line to enter by 7:45pm. All prom attendees must have their current school ID and their prom keychain to enter prom. Prom will end at 11p.
Where: The Plaza Hotel Resort and Spa, 600 North Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, FL 32118
Parking: Parking is included in your ticket price. Parking will be in the garage. You will receive a parking voucher to cover the cost of parking. You must pick-up your parking voucher the week of prom (April 27th – May 1st) from the SGA HQ during lunch. The parking lot will be very full so allow yourself time to park.
Dress Code: Formal attire is required. No sneakers. Also, adequate coverage for ladies is a must. If you have any attire related questions, please see Ms. McCann (1C-310) or Mrs. Pearsall (2B-108).
Pictures: Photography is provided by Hansen Fine Portraits please see their website for pricing. 2 photo booths will be available and will be included in your ticket purchase
Directions: I-4 East to Exit 129, onto US-92 East on International Speedway Boulevard. (Route 92) 7.6 miles. Turn left onto N Nova Rd. In 1.2miles, Turn right onto Mason Ave. Continue straight 1.4 miles on Oakridge Rd. In 1.0mile, Turn left onto A1A. Parking garage is on your left and hotel is on the right.
Menu: Food stations serving a variety of food will be set-up throughout the evening. This set-up is similar to previous proms. Once inside, you will be free to move from table to table.
Guest: The maximum age for your prom date is 20 years old at the time of prom. If your guest is not a student at University High School, a guest form must be picked up from Mrs. Pearsall in 2B-110, completed and a photocopy of a photo ID must be attached prior to ticket purchase. Remember, you will be held responsible for the behavior of your date and yourself.
Tickets: January 6th-- March 13th: $85. Price will increase beginning March 23rd to $95. Tickets will not be sold after April 24th. We will not issue refunds for a ticket regardless of reason. If you decide you no longer wish to attend, you must find another student to purchase your ticket. Bring that ticket and person wishing to purchase ticket to school store to complete transfer of ticket. First 600 students to purchase their ticket will receive a keychain, picture frame and tumbler. You receive your items the week of prom (April 27th-May 1st). The keychain will be used to enter prom.
Reentry: Once a student leaves prom they may not reenter. Prom will be held in the ballroom of the conference area. As you enter from the main lobby, you will turn left towards the conference area. If you chose to go out of the prom area at any point, we assume you have left for the evening and you will not be permitted to reenter prom. Make sure you bring everything you need as you are not permitted to go out to your car.
Discipline: Administration reserves the right to revoke attendance due to disciplinary concerns. Any student that has a level 2 or higher referral needs to get administrative approval to attend prom.
* Prom King and Queen applications will be avaible mid-April, listen for announcements.
Announced at 10pm. Must be present to receive honor.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ON TICKETS.
2020 Senior Grad Bash: Friday, April 24, 2020 4:30pm-3am
Class of 2020: Grad Bash Tickets are currently on sale for $100. Tickets are $100 until Feb. 1st. On Feb. 1st tickets will be $105 until March 1. On March tickets will be $110 until April 17th. April 17th will be the last day to purchase a Grad Bash Ticket. So not delay get your ticket for $100 and purchase it this week.
Senior Grad Bash will be held at Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure.
Grad Bash Tickets can be purchased in the activities office, 2B-110 before 1st bell. during lunch and after 7th period until 4pm.
Seniors attending Grad Bash will sign up for a bus the week of April 13th during lunch time in the activities office room 2B-110.
Baccalaureate: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at Deltona Alliance Church 6:00pm
University High School’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Deltona Alliance Church will be the sponsoring, and hosting, the Baccalaureate service for the Class of 2020. Deltona Alliance Church, 921 Deltona Blvd, Deltona, FL 32725. Graduates and their families should arrive by 5:30p. Graduates will line up and enter the church together as the Class of 2019. This will be the first time you wear your cap and gown in public. Please make sure you take your gown out of the package and hang it so that the wrinkles will come out prior to the service.
Senior Awards: Friday, May 15, 2020 6pm
Graduates and their families should arrive by 5:30p. Graduates will line up and enter the gymnasium together as the Class of 2020. For some this may be the first time you wear your cap and gown in public. Please make sure you take your gown out of the package and hang it so that the wrinkles will come out prior to the service.
Honor Cords for Rho Kappa, Mu Alpha Theta, Quill and Scroll, and National Honors Society designation will be given out at this ceremony. These cords should be worn around the collar. No other cords will be permitted.
Senior Class President will be given a stole. Valedictorian, Salutatorian, and Academic Honors designation with a final cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher have not been determined yet. These stoles will be given out prior to graduation. These stoles should be worn around the collar. No other stole or designation will be permitted.
Last day for Seniors, Senior Breakfast & Countdown:TBA
Seniors will gather in the student parking lot and be paraded formally through our courtyard to the cafeteria to enjoy their last day senior events. Senior Breakfast (last day for seniors) will be held at University High School from 9:30a-10:30a and from 10:30a-11:45a the countdown will take place in the auditorium. Graduating seniors will be served breakfast prepared by the Culinary Arts Department. At 10:30 the Class of 2020 will have a final senior class meeting and enjoy activities leading up to the final countdown and dismissal at 11:45a. At the conclusion of the Senior Countdown, all seniors will be allowed to leave campus. If a senior is going to remain on campus, they must follow all school rules and class schedule for the remainder of the day.
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal:Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:30-2:30pm
Seniors will meet at the Ocean Center for rehearsal and should enter at the Exhibit Hall, which is located on the west side of the Ocean Center. Seniors must provide their own transportation to rehearsal. Graduates must attend this rehearsal in order to participate in the graduation ceremony on Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 3:30pm. Graduates should report to rehearsal by 12pm. For rehearsal only, parking in the South Parking Lot (west of the Peabody Auditorium) is FREE. If you park in the parking garage, you must pay the metered price. Do not bring or wear your cap and gown to graduation practice! School appropriate dress is required.
Class of 2020 Graduation:Sunday, May 31, 2020 3:30pm
2020 UHS Graduation date is Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 3:30pm.
Seniors must arrive by 2pm and report as quickly as possible to the Exhibit Hall on the west side of the Ocean Center. Once you enter the Exhibit Hall you MUST remain in the Exhibit Hall. Family and friends ARE NOT allowed in the Exhibit Hall. Parents and guests may enter the Ocean Center at one hour before graduation start time. In accordance with ADA, only 3 guests (with tickets) will be permitted to sit with each handicapped guest in the handicapped seating area.
Disrespectful or disruptive behavior that interferes with or detracts from the dignity of the occasion, including but not limited to, the use of noisemakers, air horns and other disruptive devices or behaviors, shall be grounds for removal from graduation ceremonies.
Graduation Dress Code: Students must follow this dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
Graduation Dress: GRAY CAP & GOWN ATTIRE
- White collared dress shirt, dark tie or school colored tie (ORANGE or SILVER/ DARK GREY), black socks, black dress slacks, and black dress shoes.
- Black dress. Dress should go to the mid thigh and not hang below hemline of graduation gown. Black shoes/dress sandals (not flip-flops) - no more than 2-inch heel. No large earrings (2 inches or smaller is acceptable).
Graduation Dress: Excellence in Orange Graduation Cap & Gown Attire
- May wear a white dress with white or nude shoes.
All Graduates be advised of the following:
- Students must follow the dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
- Cap must be worn two (2) finger widths above space between eyebrows.
- Honor Cords for Mu Alpha Theta, Quill and Scroll, Rho Kappa, National Honors Society, Tri-M, English Honors Society, and Honors designation will be worn around the collar. No other cords will be permitted.
- Daytona Beach News Journal Medallion of Excellence medals are permitted.
- Valedictorian, Salutatorian, SGA President, and Senior Class President will wear a stole with title around collar. No other stole or designation will be permitted.
- FFA, JROTC, Culinary, Senior Class Officers, Key Club, and athletes (varsity pin, service bar(s), scholar athlete) have approved graduation pins that can be worn on the graduation ribbon with school crest.
- Tassel on right side before graduation, left when indicated in the ceremony.
- Line must be ready to move 15 minutes prior to time exercise begins.
- No gum chewing.
- No slogans or any other writing on caps or gowns.
- No personal items are allowed in the ballroom.
- Parents are NOT allowed in the graduation ballroom.
- Graduates will exit through the front entrance of the Ocean Center. This is off A1A, across from the Hilton Hotel.
- Families and guests must meet the graduates outside the front of the Ocean Center. Make a designated meeting area before graduation begins.
- You cannot leave anything in the large hall during graduation. This includes keys, purses, cameras, phones, etc.
- You cannot carry anything, except your name card, while walking into the main hall. Cell phones must be secured on your person. They are not to be carried in your hand into the graduation ceremony.
- If you have a cell phone on your person, do not take it out during the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be distributed in the east room as you exit. You will pick up your diploma from your counselor.
- Seats cannot be saved for family members. Seating location is on a first come first serve basis.
- No air horns, balloons, banners, or large signs will be permitted in the Ocean Center.
- BEST OF LUCK TO THE CLASS OF 2019
Graduation caps are NOT allowed to be decorated.
If students have an issue complying with the dress code, please see Mr. Boles or Mrs. Pearsall in the Student Activities Office prior to graduation.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO ENTER WITH JEANS, SNEAKERS OR FLIP-FLOPS.
CLEAR BAG POLICY for guests attending the graduation ceremonies:
- Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse:
- One clear bag no larger than 12”x6”x12” or a one-gallon clear Ziploc, or similar, bag
- One small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5”x6.5”, with or without a strap
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely (preferably over the shoulder to be screened more quickly) or in an approved clear bag.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones may be carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
Ticket information: TBA this information should be available after spring break.
Graduation Ticket information:
- Graduates have free admittance.
- Each person that wishes to attend graduation must purchase an admission ticket for TBA.
- Only babies and small children that can sit on a lap are exempt from needing a ticket.
- Each graduate will have X amount of tickets reserved for purchase, reserved tickets MUST be purchased by May 20, 2020.
- All outstanding obligations must be paid in full before a graduate can purchase their graduation tickets. To inquire on what obligations you may owe stop into 2B-110 during lunch time.
- Graduation tickets go on sale Monday, May 4, 2020 – Wednesday, May 20, 2020 in the Student Activities Office, 2B-110, before first bell, during lunch time and at the end of the day 3:30-4pm.
- If there are extra tickets available, they will be sold from May 21-22 from 8:00a-11:30a and 1:00p-3:00p in the Student Activities Office.
**New this year, each graduate will ONLY be allowed to purchase 5 additional tickets per day on May 21 & May 22 until graduation rehearsal. If you need more than 5 additional tickets, you will have to come to school multiple days to purchase tickets. If tickets are still available at graduation rehearsal you may se Mrs. Pearsall at graudation rehearsal to buy additional tickets. THIS IS ONLY IF THEY ARE AVAILIBLE**
- ADA rules state that each handicapped guest is allowed 3 guests (with tickets) with them during the ceremony.
- After graduation rehearsal any remaining graduation tickets will be on sale at the Ocean Center Box Office on the day of our graduation. If there are tickets available, the Daytona Beach Ocean Center will begin selling the remaining tickets at their ticket office 1 hour before the ceremony.
On the day of graduation, each car needs to have a parking pass to park in any of the Ocean Center parking lots or parking garage. Parking passes go on sale Monday, May 4th, 2020 in the Student Activities Office before first bell, during lunch time and at the end of the day 3:30-4pm. Parking passes are $5.00 per car. Parking passes will also be available on the day of graduation in the various lots. Parking passes are good for any lot that the police are directing you to. If you park in an area not covered by the Daytona Beach Police Department, you must pay. For example, if you choose to park next to a parking meter or other paid lot, you will pay their rate.