Class of 2018... Graduating Titans you should have received senior portrait information in the mail in the mail at the beginnin gof July, 2017 from Hansen Fine Portraits. Upon receiving this information you will call 386-753-9093 and schedule your senior photo session.
Call and schedule your senior photo session today!
Appointments can be scheduled by calling Hansen Fine Portraits at 386-753-9093 or on-line by going to www.hansenfineportraits.com. Click on Online Session Booking, select your session type and select your date & time. It's just that easy. All sessions are paid for at time of session.
Photographers will also be on campus Oct. 19th & 20th, for seniors, but only formal shots will be taken on these days (meaning only the shots that go into the yearbook.) No casuals or other poses will be done on the campus days. NO appointments will be granted after these dates. If you want to schedule for the school date, you must call the studio to make an appointment. Please keep in mind that if you go elsewhere for your senior pictures, those pictures will not get into the yearbook. We will only be using the formals taken by Hansen Fine Portraits for our UHS Yearbook.
GRAD Images will be present at graduation to capture your graduates special day. Your graduate will complete an information card for GRAD Images at the graduation rehearsal. A few days following graduation, proofs will be emailed to the email address submitted on that information card. You may purchase proofs by responding to that email from GRAD Images.
SENIOR PANORAMIC WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE TOP OF 7th PERIOD ON FRIDAY, DEC. 15th.
Senior Yearbook Ads
The bells on campus resound, a reminder of the final year your child will walk the halls of University High School. This is it!
Your child is a part of our 2017-2018 graduating class, which means they will have their formal pictures in the yearbook, and you have the opportunity to purchase the timeless keepsake of a senior ad.
The yearbook will be out at the end of the year, and there is no better way to tell your graduate how proud you are of them.
These ads usually contain short messages of congratulations, best wishes, or continued success. The wording of the message is completely up to you, but this must be included and MUST be typed. Include the student’s name, your message, and how you wish it to be signed (i.e. “Love Always, Mom and Dad”). Along with the message, please include pictures. The more space you purchase, the more pictures we can fit. While the choice of photos is up to you, they must be of good quality (300 DPI/High resolution). If they aren’t, they will look grainy and pixelated once printed. Photos taken off of online sites are generally very poor quality and not printable. However, iPhone photos from a 5 or higher can be emailed at their highest quality. Any specific questions about quality can be sent via email to [email protected]
Orders can be completed in one step online at yearbookforever.com. Otherwise, if you choose to submit a physical Senior Ad Order Form (see below)to the school, photos can be sent to us electronically at [email protected] along with your typed message. In necessary situations, we will also take any original, physical photos, and once we scan them, we will turn them into the front office for pick up.
There is a limited amount of space available in the yearbook for senior ads. Completed orders will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
FINAL DEADLINE TO PLACE AD ORDER October 31, 2017.
Senior Graduation Cap & Gowns
Graduating Seniors... DO YOU STILL NEED TO ORDER YOUR CAP & GOWN? call 407-647-4373 and order your grad package today!
Cap & Gown packages will be distributed on April 26th & 27 during lunch time from room 1B-100M.
Dates & times for graduating seniors to purchase senior graduation packages: 11am-12pm, Oct. 20 & Oct. 27th in the courtyard & 10am-12pm, Oct. 21 & 28.
Graduation orders can also be placed by visiting the Herff Jones website: http://www.herfforlando.com/ or calling 407-647-4373.
The deadline for all graduation orders will be December 31, 2017. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me, Sophia Pearsall at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259.
PLEASE NOTE A NEW GOWN WAS SELECTED in 2017.
All graduating seniors participating in graduation must adhere to University High School's Graduation dress code:
- Graduation Cap & Gown, UHS Medallion & Tassel purchased through Herff Jones
- Men Dress Code: White collared shirt, dark tie, black socks, black dress slacks & black dress shoes
- Women Dress Code: Black dress(dress should go to mid thigh & not hang below hemline of graduation gown), black dress or dress sandals ( shoes should not be more have more than a 2-inch heel) & small earrings (2-inches or smaller is acceptable).
- Graduation caps are NOT to be decorated.
Graduates who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk at graduation.
If you have any questions please contact Sophia Torres-Pearsall at 386-968-0013 ext: 46259.For your convenience:Herff Jones112 N. Wymore rd.Winter Park, Fl407-647-4373
Prom: Saturday, May 5th, 2018, 7-11pm
2018 UHS Prom: May 5, 2018 7-11pm The Plaza Resort Hotal & Spa, Daytona Beach
When: Saturday, May 5th, 2018. Check-in begins at 7:00 pm, we will not allow entry to prom past 8:00pm. You must be in line to enter by 7:45pm. Prom will end at 11p.
Where: The Plaza Hotel Resort and Spa, 600 North Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, FL 32118
Parking: Parking is included in your ticket price. Parking will be in the garage. You will receive a parking voucher to cover the cost of parking. You must pick-up your parking voucher the week of prom (April 30th – May 4th) from Mrs. Pearsall (2B-110). The parking lot will be very full so allow yourself time to park.
Dress Code: Formal attire is required. No sneakers. Also, adequate coverage for ladies is a must. If you have any attire related questions, please see Ms. McCann (1C-310) or Mrs. Pearsall (2B-108).
Pictures: Photography is provided by Hansen Fine Portraits please see their website for pricing. 2 photo booths will be available and will be included in your ticket purchase
Directions: I-4 East to Exit 129, onto US-92 East on International Speedway Boulevard. (Route 92) 7.6 miles. Turn left onto N Nova Rd. In 1.2miles, Turn right onto Mason Ave. Continue straight 1.4 miles on Oakridge Rd. In 1.0mile, Turn left onto A1A. Parking garage is on your left and hotel is on the right.
Menu: Food stations serving a variety of food will be set-up throughout the evening. This will be similar to last year’s prom. Once inside, you will be free to move from table to table. Be sure to try the Grey Stuff, it’s delicious!
Guest: The maximum age for your prom date is 20 years old at the time of prom. If your guest is not a student at University High School, a guest form must be completed and a photocopy of a photo ID (drivers license preferred) must be attached prior to ticket purchase. Our school SRO will check all drivers licenses for any felonies. Remember, you will be held responsible for the behavior of your date and yourself. Guest form may be picked up in 2B-110.
Tickets: Pricing: February 5th – March 31st: $75. Price will increase beginning April 1st to $90. Tickets will not be sold after May 2nd. We will not issue refunds for a ticket regardless of reason. If you decide you no longer wish to attend you must find another student to purchase your ticket. Bring that ticket and person wishing to purchase ticket to school store to complete transfer of ticket. The first 600 students to purchase their ticket will receive a keychain, picture frame and glass.
Discipline: Administration reserves the right to revoke attendance due to disciplinary concerns. Any student that has a level 2 or higher referral needs to get administrative approval to attend prom.
Reentry: Once a student leaves prom they may not reenter. Prom will be held in the ballroom of the conference area. As you enter from the main lobby, you will turn left towards the conference area. If you chose to go out of the prom area at any point, we assume you have left for the evening and you will not be permitted to reenter prom. Make sure you bring everything you need as you are not permitted to go out to your car.
* Prom King and Queen will be announced at 10pm. Must be present to receive honor.
2018 Senior Grad Bash: Friday, April 27, 2018 4:30pm-3am
Senior Grad Bash will be held at Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure.
Grad Bash Tickets can still be purchased through room 2b-110. Tickets are currently $100.
Seniors attending Grad Bash will sign up for a bus the week of April 9th during lunch time in room 2B-110.
Baccalaureate: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 6-8:30pm
Volusia County Baptist Church will be sponsoring, and hosting, the Baccalaureate service for the Class of 2018. Volusia County Baptist Church is located at 261 South Orange Ave, Orange City. Graduates and their families should arrive by 5:30p. Graduates will line up and enter the church together as the Class of 2018. This will be the first time you wear your cap and gown in public. Please make sure you take your gown out of the package and hang it so that the wrinkles will come out prior to the service.
Senior Awards: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 6:00-9:30pm
Graduates and their families should arrive by 5:30p. Graduates will line up and enter the gymnasium together as the Class of 2018. For some this may be the first time you wear your cap and gown in public. Please make sure you take your gown out of the package and hang it so that the wrinkles will come out prior to the service.
Honor Cords for Rho Kappa, Mu Alpha Theta, Quill and Scroll, and National Honors Society designation will be given out at this ceremony. These cords should be worn around the collar. No other cords will be permitted.
Senior Class President will be given a stole. Valedictorian, Salutatorian, and Academic Honors designation with a final cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher have not been determined yet. These stoles will be given out prior to graduation. These stoles should be worn around the collar. No other stole or designation will be permitted.
Last day for Seniors, Senior Breakfast & Countdown: May 23, 2018
Seniors will gather in the student parking lot and be paraded formally through our courtyard to the gym to enjoy their last day senior events. Senior Breakfast (last day for seniors) will be held at University High School from 8:30a-9:30a and from 9:30a-11:00a the countdown will take place in the gymnasium. Graduating seniors will be served breakfast prepared by the Culinary Arts Department. At 9:30 the Class of 2018 will have a final senior class meeting and enjoy activities leading up to the final countdown and dismissal at 10:30a. At the conclusion of the Senior Countdown, all seniors will be allowed to leave campus. If a senior is going to remain on campus, they must follow all school rules and class schedule for the remainder of the day.
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal: Thurday, May 31st, 2018 at 10:30am
Class of 2018 Graduation: Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 7pm
Graduation will be June 3rd at 7pm. Seniors need to arrive at 5:30pm and report quickly to the Exhibit Hall on the west side of the Ocean Center. Parents and guests may enter the Ocean Center at 6pm. In accordance with ADA only 3 guests will be permitted to sit with each handicapped guest in the handicapped seating area.
**Disrespectful or disruptive behavior that interferes with or detracts from the dignity of the occasion, including but not limited to, the use of noisemakers, air horns and other disruptive devices or behaviors, shall be grounds for removal from graduation ceremonies.**
Graduation Dress Code: Students must follow this dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
Graduation Dress: GRAY CAP & GOWN ATTIRE
- White collared dress shirt, dark tie or school colored tie (ORANGE or SILVER/ DARK GREY), black socks, black dress slacks, and black dress shoes.
- Black dress. Dress should go to the mid thigh and not hang below hemline of graduation gown. Black shoes/dress sandals (not flip-flops) - no more than 2-inch heel. No large earrings (2 inches or smaller is acceptable).
Graduation Dress: Excellence in Orange Graduation Cap & Gown Attire
- May wear a white dress with white or nude shoes.
All Graduates be advised of the following:
- Students must follow the dress code. Students who do not follow dress code may not be allowed to walk.
- Cap must be worn two (2) finger widths above space between eyebrows.
- Honor Cords for Mu Alpha Theta, Quill and Scroll, Rho Kappa, National Honors Society, Tri-M, English Honors Society, and Honors designation will be worn around the collar. No other cords will be permitted.
- Daytona Beach News Journal Medallion of Excellence medals are permitted.
- Valedictorian, Salutatorian, SGA President, and Senior Class President will wear a stole with title around collar. No other stole or designation will be permitted.
- FFA, JROTC, Culinary, Senior Class Officers, and Key Club have approved graduation pins that can be worn on the graduation ribbon with school crest.
- Tassel on right side before graduation, left when indicated in the ceremony.
- Line must be ready to move 15 minutes prior to time exercise begins.
- No gum chewing.
- No slogans or any other writing on caps or gowns.
- No personal items are allowed in the ballroom.
- Parents are NOT allowed in the graduation ballroom.
- Graduates will exit through the front entrance of the Ocean Center. This is off A1A, across from the Hilton Hotel.
- Families and guests must meet the graduates outside the front of the Ocean Center. Make a designated meeting area before graduation begins.
- You cannot leave anything in the large hall during graduation. This includes keys, purses, cameras, phones, etc.
- You cannot carry anything, except your name card, while walking into the main hall. Cell phones must be secured on your person. They are not to be carried in your hand into the graduation ceremony.
- If you have a cell phone on your person, do not take it out during the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be distributed in the east room as you exit. You will pick up your diploma from your counselor.
- Seats cannot be saved for family members. Seating location is on a first come first serve basis.
- No air horns, balloons, banners, or large signs will be permitted in the Ocean Center.
- BEST OF LUCK TO THE CLASS OF 2018!
Graduation caps are NOT allowed to be decorated.
If students have an issue complying with the dress code, please see Mr. Devito or Mrs. Pearsall in the Student Activities Office prior to graduation.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO ENTER WITH JEANS, SNEAKERS OR FLIP-FLOPS.
Graduation Ticket Information:
- Graduates have free admittance.
- Each person that wishes to attend graduation must purchase an admission ticket for $3. Only babies and small children that can sit on a lap are exempt from needing a ticket.
- Graduation tickets go on sale in the student activities office , 2B-110 Tues. May 1, 2018 during lunch time.
- 9 ticket go onsale to graduating seniors from May 1 - May 23, 2018. After that time period, however many tickets are remaining, if there are tickets remaining they will go on sale, on a first come, first serve basis from May 24-30, 2018 in the stduent activities office, 2B-110.
- After May 30, any remaining graduation tickets will be on sale at the Ocean Center Box Office on the day of our graduation. If there are tickets available, the Daytona Beach Ocean Center will begin selling the remaining tickets at their ticket office 1 hour before the ceremony, 6:00p.
- ADA rules state that each handicapped guest is allowed 3 guests with them during the ceremony.
On the day of graduation, each car needs to have a parking pass to park in any of the Ocean Center parking lots or parking garage. Parking passes go on sale Tuesday, May 1st in the Student Activities Office during school hours. The last day to purchase parking passes at University High School will be Wednesday, May 30 in the Student Activities Office during school hours. Parking passes are $5.00 per car. Parking passes will also be available on the day of graduation in the various lots. Parking passes are good for any Ocean Center lot that the police are directing you to. If you park in an area not covered by the Daytona Beach Police Department, you must pay. For example, if you choose to park next to a parking meter or other paid lot, you will pay their rate.