FAFSA - Applying for Financial Aid
The 2021–22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form is now available. Maximize the amount of financial aid you may receive by completing your FAFSA form as soon as possible!
Start Your FAFSA® Form
Five Things to Know About the FAFSA® Process
- When the FAFSA® form launches: The 2021–22 FAFSA form launched on Oct. 1. It’s time for you to fill out the FAFSA form if you’re going to school between July 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022.
- Why you should apply early: Several states have first-come, first-served financial aid programs that can run out of money quickly. Complete your FAFSA form as soon as possible to maximize the amount of aid you may be eligible to receive.
- State and school deadlines: It’s important to note the deadlines for your state and school. View your state’s FAFSA deadline, and check your school’s website or contact your school’s financial aid office for any school deadlines.
- Tax information: The 2021–22 FAFSA form requires 2019 tax information. While completing your form, you can use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information into the FAFSA form. If you’re eligible, this is the fastest, most accurate way to input your tax return information into the FAFSA form, and it may reduce the amount of paperwork required by your school.
- FAFSA FAQs: If you have questions while completing your FAFSA form, visit StudentAid.gov/fafsahelp for answers to commonly asked FAFSA-related questions.