TITAN DAILY 411 Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
Good Morning Titans…. Here are your morning announcements… first a few quick reminders:
Our new school hours are 8:30-3:30pm…you can find the new bell schedule on our school website. The parent loop and student parking lot gate will be opened at 7:30am. Students will be allowed into the courtyard at 7:45am. Please plan accordingly.
Titans you are to wear your school issued lanyard & student ID around your neck each & every day to be on campus. So, plan accordingly because starting tomorrow, Tuesday, Aug 20 if you do not have your lanyard and ID you will be sent to ISS for the day.
Our new uniform policy is the following: For your top you can wear any solid color polo or button down shirt with no designs, stripes or polk dots or any university titans tee shirt. For your bottoms, you can wear shorts, skirt or pants any solid color….no design, stripes, tears, holes or rips and NO LEGGINGS.
Titans driving on campus just a friendly reminder spots are not assigned this year. You can park in any parking spot in the student parking lot except the senior painted spots. Parking decals are to be place on the right corner of your front windshield from the inside. The activities office will issue parking decals during lunch today, be sure to have all necessary paperwork (Paper application, license, registration & proof of insurance). Titans if you need a lunch out pass you can see me starting Monday, August 19, be sure to have all necessary paperwork completed (lunch out application). All necessary forms can be printed from our school website: www.uhstitans.com under the DAILY ANNOUCEMENTS.
The 2019-2020 Free & Reduced Meal Applications are now available on vcsedu.org …click on the Parent/student tab – then click on Free & reduced Meal Application to complete your application. All students that received free or reduced lunch and have rolled over have until Aug. 31st to reapply.
Titans our first official blood drive will take place next Thursday!!!! The BIG RED BUS will be on campus Thursday, Aug. 22 from 9am-3pm for any UHS student, UHS Faculty or staff member that is interested in donating to a worthy cause. If you are interested please stop by the BIG RED BUS TABLE Set up in the courtyard Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to be scheduled for a time to donate.
- Attention Freshmen: SGA’s freshman class council will hold an interest meeting next Tuesday -- Aug 20 -- during the first half of lunch in Mr. Haught's room, 1C-309. If you're interested in helping make all the exciting traditions of UHS come alive -- such as homecoming events, spirit weeks, pep rallies, and so on -- then you definitely should attend. Once again: it's NEXT Tuesday during the first half of lunch in room 1C-309 with Mr. Haught.
- Junior Class Council will have an interest meeting on Tuesday, August 20th the first half of lunch in Mrs. McMann’s room 1C-207. If you are interested in being more involved in the school and helping plan events such as homecoming and prom, please plan to stop by and learn what student council is all about.
- Senior Class Council will an interest meeting on Tuesday, August 20th the first half of lunch in Ms. McCann’s room 1C-310. If you are interested in being involved with various school activities plan to attend this meeting and find out what senior class council is all about.
UHS Club News:
- If you were born reading stories and you like to talk about what you are reading, then please attend the Interest Meeting for The Story That You Were Born To Read Book Club that will be held on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 from 11:45 to 12:15 in Mr. Vickery's room, bldg. 4, room 303. This Book Club is open to all grade levels, 9th through 12th. For those interested stop in an d see Mr.Vickery in room 4-303.
- Titan Theatre & Audio/Visual Club will meet tomorrow, Aug. 20th during the second half of lunch in the black box room. Plan to stop in and find out more info.
- Earth and Surf Club will have their first meeting of the year on Wednesday 8/21 THE FIRST HALF OF LUNCH in Ms. Cherry's classroom, 3-308.
- Battle of the Books is here at UHS! If you are interested in reading young adult novels and battling it out in a quiz-bowl styled competition against other schools in Volusia County, then meet with us in Mrs. McKenzie’s room in Building 3 Room 211 during lunch on Friday August 23rd.
- GSA, Gay Straight Alliance will meet on Friday, 8/23 during lunch in room 3-204.
- Art club interest meeting first half of lunch on Wed. Aug. 28th in room 3-206.
- Tri-M Music Honor Society is currently accepting applications until September 3rd to all students enrolled in a music class. Tri-M Honor Society is designed to recognize students for their academic and musical achievements and to provide leadership and community service opportunities to young musicians. Please see your music teacher for an application and additional information.”
- There will be a U Care informational meeting during the first half of lunch in room 4-310 on Thursday September 5th
- Are you an 11th grade student? Do you like to help others? Are you interested in earning an $800 scholarship? Stop by the Guidance Office and complete an Aspire Peer Mentoring application today. Applications are due by Friday, September 6th.
- Yearbook picture retake day will be Thursday, Sept. 19th.
- Yearbook prices increase on Sept. 30th. Buy yours now to lock in the lowest rate of the year.
- Class of 2020, your senior picture needs to be taken by Oct. 26. Dean Stewart Photography will be on campus Oct. 24…seniors if you would like to take your senior picture on that day you must call DSP at 321-952-9876 to schedule a time.
Titans for your convenience announcements will aired via the PA system at the top of 4th & at the end of 7th period, posted to twitter @UHSTitanDaily, our facebook page @UHSTitansOC, our school website under Daily Announcements, on the courtyard bulletin board, outside of the activities office 2B-110 and emailed to all teachers.
UHS TITAN SUMMER 2019 ANNOUNCEMENTS
2019-2020 New school hours are 8:30am to 3:30pm.
Students will not be allowed on campus prior to gates opening. Gates will open at 7:45am. Please plan accordingly.
First Bell to report to first period class will ring at 8:24am.
Tentative Orientation/Schedule Pick Up dates are Monday, July 29th from 2-6pm for all 9th graders, Tuesday, July 30th & Wednesday, July 31st from 2-6pm for all students. This will take place in the cafeteria. Students will receive their schedules, student IDs and be able to make necessary purchases.
Items you can purchase during Orientation/Schedule Pick Up:
Locker : $10
Yearbook : $75
Student Athletic Pass : $35
Adult Athletic Pass : $50
Senior Citizen Athletic Pass: $40
PE Shirts : $10
PE Shirt : $10
PR Dri-Fit Tee : $12
Lunch Out w/ Lunch Out ID : $30 (for juniors & seniors only)
Parking Decal : $48
Senior Paint Your Parking Spot: $25
Class of 2020...Would you like to paint your parking spot? SGA is hosting their first annual "PAINT YOUR SPOT" Fundraiser to raise money for your senior legacy gift. The applications to paint your spot will be available during Orientation/Schedule Pick Up. Be sure to complete the application, submit your design and pay your fee of $25 by the end of the day Monday, Aug. 5th. Your design MUST be approved before you can start painting your spot. There are scheduled paint days, they are Thurs. Aug. 8, Fri. Aug. 9 & Mon. Aug. 12th from 8am-12pm. Please keep in mind you still need to purchase a parking decal for $48 for a grand total of $73.
All students will be issued a school ID and lanyard during Orientation/Schedule Pick Up. These IDs are to be worn on the provided lanyard. Students are to wear their lanyard and ID each and every day as part of their school uniform.
The first day of school for freshmen, 9th graders will be Monday, August 12, 2019.
The first day of school for Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors will be Tuesday, August 13, 2019.
All students will have their 2019-2020 yearbook /ID photos taken on Tuesday, August 13. More information to follow in the coming weeks.
Family & Friends of Class of 2020... Are you interested in purchasing a custom senior tribute for your senior, to be advertised in the 2020 yearbook? This special message is the ulitmate gift for your senior as you celebrate their graduation and move to the next chapter of their life. Yearbook purchasing & physical sales of senior tributes will open during schedule pick up in August. The deadline for all senior tribute orders is October 31, 2019. Orders will NOT be accepted past this time for any reason. To order online visit yearbookforever.com or visit: http://www.uhstitans.com/2019/5/c-o-2020-senior-tributes Any Questions??? Email the stduent run yearbook staff at [email protected]
Class of 2020, senior portraits must be scheduled and completed by October 28, 2019. No exceptions to this policy. Book today at DSP-PHOTO.com Dean Stewart Photography will be on campus the week July 8th, 2019 to take senior protraits. Do not delay, schedule your appotintment today...
- (204.4 KBs)
- (180.2 KBs)
- (116.0 KBs)
- (1.0 MBs)
- (89.5 KBs)
- (78.6 KBs)
- (153.0 KBs)
- (1.0 MBs)